2012/02/01

Patchwork Wednesday

Yes, we made into the New Year, but we've been a bit busy, so there wasn't much going on here. I have made 3 new bags and one book cover for the shop, but since the sun decided to be in the worst angle to take pictures today, I'll have to try again tomorrow morning, so I can actually put them in the shop. So instead I want to show you two "private" things I have made.

First the "R2D2" pillow for my brother-in-law for his birthday today. Since we aren't going to see him until tomorrow, I haven't finished filling it yet, so it looks a bit out of shape on the picture atm.
And second is a Patchwork blanket I made in the last few weeks for the new baby. It took me weeks, because I suffer from SPD and therefore can't sit on the hard chair on my sewing machine for a long time, so I stitched and quilted the blanket by hand, every night when watching TV. It's made from handkerchiefs my Mum has collected when we were children.

I am hoping that the SPD will go away once I had the baby so I should be able to spend a few heavy sewing sessions again, if time and my two children allow it of course. But I still have big plans for the shop, especially now that it's coming up for the spring (wishful thinking).

-----------------------------

Jap, wir haben es auch ins neue Jahr geschafft, aber waren sehr beschaeftigt, deswegen gab es bis jetzt noch keinen Eintrag. Ich habe 3 Taschen und eine Buchhuelle genaeht, jedoch stand die Sonne gerade beim Fotos machen so schlecht, dass ich es morgen frueh nochmal versuchen muss, bevor ich sie in meinen Shop stellen kann. Deshalb gibt es heute nur was "privates"

Zuerst das "R2D2" Kissen, welches ich fuer den heutigen Geburtstag meine Schwagers genaeht habe. Da wir allerdings erst morgen hinfahren, hab ich es noch nicht fertig gestoppft, das mach ich heut abend noch, deswegen sieht es allerdings auf dem Foto noch ein wenig unfoermig aus.
Als zweites die Patchwork-Decke die ich in den letzten Wochen fuer das neue Baby genaeht habe. In den letzten Wochen, da ich an "Diastase der Symphysis" leide und somit kaum laenger an der Naehmaschine sitzen kann, habe ich die Decke abends beim Fernsehen von Hand genaeht und gequiltet.
Sie ist aus Kindertaschentuecher die meine Mum gesammelt hat gemacht.

Ich hoffe sehr, dass sich mein Becken nach der Geburt wieder in Normalzustand zurueckbegibt und ich somit einige lange Naehsessions haben kann, ich habe naemlich immernoch grosse Plaene fuer meinen Shop, gerade jetzt wo der Fruehling kommt (hoffe ich, in Deutschland wohl noch nicht ;) ).





Keine Kommentare: